KEY MANAGEMENT TEAM | PROFILE
Dato Dr Kim Tan
- Founder Chairman of SpringHill Management Ltd (UK), a fund management company in biotech and social venture capital investments.
- Partner and Advisor to a number of impact funds including Springhill Equity, Novastar Ventures and Inqo Investments Ltd and Truestone Impact Investment Management.
- Founder and former Chairman of the NCI Cancer Hospital (Malaysia) and the West Surrey & North Hants Innovation and Growth Team (UK) supporting high growth companies.
- Board member of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Life Science Forum, the University of Surrey and the Centre for Enterprise, Markets & Ethics
- Kim Tan has a PhD in biochemistry and was the recipient of a PhD scholarship and four post‐ doctoral fellowships from the Medical Research Council (UK). He is the inventor of sheep monoclonal antibodies and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Co‐founder of Transformational Business Network (TBN), the UK charity with social transformational businesses in developing countries.
- Dato Kim brings with him a unique blend of a fund manager in the investment world and an active social entrepreneur (he does not just offer funding but has actively travelled to the places of poverty and has been hands on in making these enterprises work).
- Founder/CEO of Garden Impact Investments Pte Ltd. A Certified Public Accountant by training, Mason had worked in a Big 4 public accounting firm in the US, securities and money broking firm in Indonesia, Corporate Finance Manager cum Investor Relations for a NYSE listed company based in Singapore, CFO of an internet venture funded by VCs and an Indonesian fiber manufacturing plant. From 2004 to 2010, he became an owner/operator for a US F&B master franchise for Singapore and Malaysia and China.
- Mason currently serves as the Chairman of Transformational Business Network Asia (“TBN Asia”), a non-profit association headquartered in Singapore that promotes fighting poverty through business enterprises solutions. The key geography focus is in South East Asia.
- Married with 3 grown up children, Mason worships at a Methodist Church in Singapore. His passion is to help others to make their dreams come true.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
- Prior to joining Garden Impact in July 2018, Alex served as a Managing Director and the chief executive of Bank of America Singapore Limited where he helped manage the bank’s short term interest rates trading business in Asia Pacific.
- He is passionate about helping to build flourishing communities, and believes investing can be done in a way that is both smart and right, adding value to shareholders and stakeholders alike.
- He has completed the Chartered Financial Analyst certification and holds a Bachelor of Accountancy from the Nanyang Technological University.
- He is married to a supportive wife and they have 3 children to whom he knows he needs to model a life of purpose and servanthood for.
- Kevin has held a variety of roles in investment and financial regulation in the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and SAFE China.
- At MAS, he was Lead Portfolio Manager with oversight MAS’ foreign exchange trading and funding, Asian bond investments and strategic asset allocation.
- Kevin is passionate about using investment to partner with low-income communities, for development and dignity.
- He is married to a lovely wife, and they have just started on their journey of establishing a family together.
Dr Chang Ying Lock
Senior Director of Investments
- Holds a Bachelor of Accounting degree from the University of Singapore and a MBA from the Nanyang Technological University. Completed his doctoral degree in Hospitality & Tourism Management with Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2016.
- Has a wide range of accounting and finance experience in manufacturing, audit firms, corporate finance (Manager at Hill Samuel Merchant Bank, Singapore and Director at KPMG, Singapore) and venture capital.
- Has operations and management experience in small hotels, printing and publishing (Managing Director of the Insight Guides)
- Was a Volunteer at the Dover Park Hospice and HCA Hospice Care, General Manager of Caring Fleet Singapore (a social enterprise that provides transportation to people with mobility difficulties) and Chief Operating Officer of SE Hub Ltd ( a Singapore social enterprise fund)
- Ying Lock has an interest in SE Asia where he travels extensively and empathises with the needs of the residents at the bottom of the pyramid.
Non Executive Director
- Clifford Eu has over 25 years senior management and operational experience in manufacturing, distribution and healthcare industries. He has experience in startups and growth businesses in Malaysia and Singapore and was formerly Group Managing Director, International at Eu Yan Sang International Ltd.
- The company is in the natural wellness and traditional medicine business with presence in SE Asia and Australia. It is a 4th generation family business listed on the Singapore Exchange.
- In his course of his career Clifford has acquired insights into the dynamics of family owned and family operated businesses both as an insider and an observer through his interaction with business owners. His family has interests in property, industrials, food and beverage and biotech sectors in Singapore, Malaysia and Australia.
- Clifford holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) degree from the University of Melbourne.
- Sylvie was an ASEAN and Tanoto Foundation Scholarship recipient; she has a double degree in Bachelor of Accountancy and Bachelor of Business Management (majoring in Finance) from Singapore Management University.
- Prior to joining Garden Impact, Sylvie worked as a Finance Manager in Procter and Gamble, Singapore.
- She also possesses relevant experience in banking (Equity Research in CLSA and Analyst Intern in Deutsche Bank).
- Sylvie is passionate about empowering communities through enterprise to overcome poverty and improve their quality of life.
Garden Impact Investments Pte Ltd.
140 Paya Lebar Road #10-09
AZ@ Paya Lebar | Singapore 409015
Republic of Singapore
To have a continuously sustainable world where the poor and the marginalized will be equipped and empowered to live meaningful lives through our investments.